There is nothing more comfortable than a good night’s sleep. But the kind of pillow you choose can make all the difference between tossing and turning all night and waking up the next day renewed and ready for anything.
This article will help you understand how to choose a memory foam bed pillow that is just right for you, as well as some of our recommendations for those wanting to start on their search.
5 Best Memory Foam Pillows to Buy in 2021
1. Simba Soft Supportive (Best Hypoallergenic)
Simba Soft Supportive Team provides a supportive setting for your neck and head. It’s constructed with Simba’s exclusive Soft Support Fiber that supports muscles and softens the body contours.
This is made with uniquely designed Simba Signature Cushiony Fiber that will not lose its shape for 12-18 months, even after extensive use.
Inside this pillow is also ultra-allergen-free memory foam, which provides excellent support without compromising comfort or breathing ability.
- The pillow is constructed with two layers of foam. One that is firm and one that is soft. This allows the pillow to have the support needed for your neck and head while still being comfortable.
- The fiber filling in this pillow allows it to retain its shape and allows it to conform to the individual sleeping positions of each person. This will help keep your neck in alignment with your spine, which helps prevent aches or neck pains when you are sleeping.
- The Simba Soft Supportive Memory Foam Pillow is the top-rated among other memory foam products on Amazon.com, with a ton of positive feedback. This means that many people have tried this pillow and have had a very positive experience with it and recommended it to other people.
- This pillow will last up to two years which is an excellent value for money, as it can be used nightly for 12 months without losing its shape or comfort.
- The pillow is very dense and may feel like you are lying on a rock if it is not the right size. However, if you like this type of firmness, then this pillow fits the bill!
- If you are allergic to latex, then make sure to check this before buying.
2. TEMPUR Traditional Pillow (Best Shredded)
The TEMPUR® Traditional® Shredded Memory Foam is a pillow that will provide you with the most comfortable night’s sleep.
It is made with TEMPUR® EuroTop® Shredded Memory Foam, constructed with concentrated high-density foam comfort layers.
Each layer is designed to be individually wrapped around your head and arms while still soft enough to maintain its shape even after many years of use. This is the perfect pillow for the customized support you need to get a good night’s rest.
- The TEMPUR® Traditional® Shredded Memory Foam has antimicrobial properties that will help prevent bacteria, mold, and mildew from forming on this pillow. This makes it easier to keep clean and stay fresh longer than other pillows, developing an odor over time.
- This pillow is made with memory foam which is designed to conform better to your body’s shape. It will provide you with the support you need in the exact spots you need it and help keep your neck and head in alignment with your spine to prevent aches and pains all night long.
- This pillow is covered in a zippered cover made out of TEMPUR® Air™ material with excellent air holes for a cool sleeping experience.
- The TEMPUR® Traditional® Shredded Memory Foam Pillow was rated 4.9 out of 5 by Amazon customers.
- It is also cheaper than many of the other pillows. This means that if you like the pillow, but it happens to be too firm or too soft, you can return it and get a replacement for an even better price.
- The shredded memory foam in this pillow can sometimes be compressed and feel like there isn’t enough filling. This will be different for each person and won’t necessarily bother everyone.
- This pillow is more on the heavier side, and it may take some effort to get it to stay on the bed. However, if you like firm pillows, then this is a great option!
- This pillow is machine washable, but you will need to purchase some delicate washing instructions as certain cleaners can damage it.
3. Eve Memory Foam Pillow
Eve Memory Foam Pillow is soft, comfortable, and supportive. It provides excellent support for your neck and head while also being cool to the touch.
The filling in this pillow is made with memory foam that will conform to your body’s shape, which provides you with the support you need in the places where you need it.
The cover in this pillow is very soft, which helps to reduce any pressure points caused by intense firmness or lack of filling in other pillows.
- This pillow is designed with two separate types of foam, which are crafted together perfectly. This allows it to be supportive enough for your neck and head while still soft enough to make it very comfortable.
- The Eve Memory Foam Pillow is a very lightweight pillow that makes it easy to travel with. Unlike many other memory foam pillows, this one does not have to be shipped in a box or compressed for shipment. This means that you will pay less money on shipping costs every time you order it.
- This pillow has been odorless since the day I received it. To help keep everything fresh and free from odors, we recommend washing this pillow weekly.
- Some people may find the firmness of this pillow to be too firm and like having something more soft and squishy underneath their heads. To help this, we recommend changing the pillow’s position every couple of weeks to change the pressure points in your head.
- This pillow is expensive compared to other pillows that are just as soft and supportive. This is because it is primarily covered in memory foam which is extremely expensive. However, this pillow is far more comfortable than many other pillows, so if you are looking for a memory foam-filled pillow that will make you feel completely supported while still being cool on your skin, then this one might be worth the investment!
4. Luxury Shredded Martian Dreams Pillow by Martian Made
One of the best pillows I have ever had the pleasure to sleep on is the Marsal Made Luxury Shredded Memory Foam Pillow.
This pillow makes use of a patented memory foam filling that has been infused with a layer of shredded foam.
This helps to keep your head and neck in good alignment while also providing you with a very comfortable night’s sleep.
- This pillow is the perfect size for most people who want firm support, but not necessarily weighted support. It is small enough to fit on almost any bed yet large enough to provide adequate support for anyone who wants it.
- The Marsal Made Luxury Shredded Memory Foam Pillow is super soft and fluffy. This is because it uses shredded foam, which is designed to provide you with enough support in all of the right places while still being soft enough to make it very comfortable.
- This pillow is hypoallergenic, dust mite resistant, and breathable. It will help to keep you cool all night long without having to fight off any allergens or bacteria that other pillows might develop.
- This pillow comes with a 100% money-back guarantee. If you are unsatisfied with this pillow for any reason, then you can return it for a full refund.
- Some people may not like the feel of this pillow. It is very soft and fluffy, but some people might feel that it is still a little hard compared to other products. We recommend switching to a different type of pillow that provides the firmness you want in these cases.
- This pillow is expensive. However, it provides excellent support, which many people are willing to pay extra for.
- This pillow is probably not too great for children who tend to be very rough with pillows. However, this is not a major problem because anyone can very easily use it without fear of getting damaged by the child’s roughness.
5. Snug Single (Best Contoured)
The Snug Single pillow is a perfect single pillow for anyone who needs substantial support without being too heavy.
The memory foam filling in this pillow is moderate hardness, creating a great blend of support and comfort.
The polyester material on top of this pillow provides excellent airflow so it can be cool to the touch while still being supportive enough to help you sleep well at night.
- This memory foam-filled pillow is made from a solid piece of polyester which provides excellent support while also being breathable enough to keep it from getting too hot throughout the night. This helps to keep you cool as you try to get into the best sleeping position possible for your body.
- This pillow is a good option for anyone who likes a very firm yet comfortable feel. The Snug Single is a lot firmer than other products filled with memory foam, yet it still manages to be very soft and squishy.
- The Snug Single pillow is an excellent option if you want a smaller size pillow. It can be placed on any bed or sofa and will provide you with the support you need while helping you get the best night’s sleep possible.
- This pillow comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you are not satisfied with your pillow, you can return it and get your money back!
- This pillow may take some effort to get into its cover. If you do not like using the included pocket because it takes too much effort to get into, then you can always place something flat under your pillow.
- This pillow is expensive. However, it is a lot firmer than many other pillows and will provide you with excellent support and comfort.
- Because the solid material used in this pillow may be a little harder to wash than some other pillows, to help keep this pillow fresh and clean for as long as possible, we recommend washing it at least weekly.
Other famous brands are Panda Medallion Bed Pillow, Snuggle-Pedic, etc.
There are many different types of pillows on the market today. Here are a few of the most common types.
I. Standard Pillows
These pillows are the ones that most people have seen before.
They are shaped like a ring and usually filled with a large amount of foam or down feathers.
Standard pillows can vary in firmness as much as they vary in size, but they all have the same basic shape and features.
II. Contoured Pillows
These pillows have been designed to fit around your body so that you can get the best support possible while you sleep.
They can be filled with many different materials, but they all have a specific purpose in keeping you comfortable while you sleep.
III. Memory Foam
These pillows are designed to provide the maximum amount of comfort and support for your head and neck without being too heavy.
They have been designed to contour to your neck and head so that you get the best possible shape while still feeling completely supported.
IV. Latex Pillows
Also known as rubber pillows, latex pillows are unique in their design.
They are usually filled with fairly stiff latex foam, which provides excellent support for anyone who needs it.
V. Bamboo Pillow
These pillows are made from the bark of a bamboo tree and provide an excellent cooling effect to anyone who uses them.
Memory foam bamboo cover usually contains many holes to make them as breathable as possible without sacrificing too much in the way of support.
VI. Buckwheat Pillows
These pillows are filled with buckwheat hulls, which provide you with an excellent amount of support without having to sacrifice any comfort.
You can buy buckwheat pillows in varying levels of firmness and softness, and each pillow will be customized to fit your tastes perfectly.
VII. Feather Pillows
These pillows are filled with down feathers, which provide an excellent amount of support to anyone who needs it.
You will find feather pillows in all different levels of firmness and softness, depending on your wishes.
VIII. Latex Foam Pillow
This pillow is made from a combination of latex foam and polyester fiberfill.
Latex foam is the same kind of foam found in memory foam pillows, while polyester fiberfill is used to give the pillow its shape.
This combination helps to keep you cool by allowing the latex foam to hold heat while also providing you with excellent support.
IXI. Water Pillows
Water pillows are filled with fluid similar to the traditional memory foam found in other pillows.
Water pillows come in all different levels of firmness and softness, and each pillow will be customized to fit your tastes perfectly.
X. Gel Pillow
These pillows use the gel as the cushioning material. They can be used as regular pillows or body pillows, and they provide excellent support and comfort to anyone who uses them. Gel pillows come in all different levels of firmness and softness.
XI. Down Pillow
These pillows are filled with down feathers from a duck or goose. They provide an excellent amount of support to a sleeper who use them while still managing to allow you to feel comfortable at night during sleeping.
XII. Microfiber Pillow
Getting a pillow that is not made from foam or feathers can be tough. That’s where microfiber comes into play.
Are memory foam pillows better?
Memory foam pillows are different than most other pillows because they use memory technology.
This means that the pillow will mold your body and provide you with the best possible support.
- A memory foam pillow is a lot softer than most other pillows on the market. Memory foam pillows allow you to get into an ideal sleeping position without having to worry about getting too much support, so you can focus on getting the most rest possible for your body.
- A memory foam pillow is a lot more customizable than other types of pillows. Because of the various types of material in a memory foam pillow, they can be filled with a large variety of different materials. It has a temperature regulation feature if you want to get some of the cooling pillows.
- A memory foam pillow will remain supportive throughout the night and may not need additional support unless it becomes very hot.
- A memory foam pillow is easy to wash and dry. You can wash these pillows by hand and then let them air dry, and 100% of the time, they will come out just fine.
- A memory foam pillow is cheaper than other pillows that offer the same amount of features and benefits.
- If you want to get into a certain position while you sleep, such as sitting up straight, then a memory foam pillow will allow you to get into this position without having to force your body into it.
- Some memory foam pillows are made from hypoallergenic materials, so anyone with allergies or sensitivities can use them without worrying about getting sick.
- If you use a memory foam pillow while traveling on an airplane, it may get too hot or too heavy to carry with you. You can also get the wrong size because each one varies slightly in shape and construction, so it is recommended that you get the exact one that you are looking for beforehand.
- A memory foam pillow will not provide the same level of support if your body moves around while you sleep. If you move around a lot while you sleep, then you may get very little support from your pillow.
- Some people feel that a memory foam pillow can be too hot to sleep on, so they use a regular pillow instead. However, this is not something that all people experience, and most people find that their memory foam pillow works perfectly fine.
Memory Foam Pillow Sizes
You can buy a memory foam pillow in a variety of different sizes. If you want to get the most out of your pillow, then you should consider getting a king-sized pillow.
This will provide you with all the extra room that you may need, and it will also give you great support.
- Queen – These pillows are 26 inches wide by 20 inches deep for extra support.
- King – These pillows are 36 inches wide by 20 inches deep for maximum comfort and support.
- Euro – These pillows are 26 inches wide by 26 inches long for added comfort and support.
- Standard/Queen – These pillows are 20 inches wide by 26 inches long for extra support.
- Twin – These pillows are 20 inches long by 26 inches long for added comfort and support.
Which is the best memory foam pillow for me?
There are a lot of factors that you will want to consider before making a final decision. You will want to find a pillow that is both comfortable and supports your back the best.
You will also want to decide on a level of firmness and comfort level. If you have any questions about the perfect memory foam pillow for you, then talk to your doctor about it.
You may also want to try different styles or brands until you find one that works for you perfectly. When it comes down to it, the best memory foam pillow really depends on how you determine your needs, so discuss this information with your doctor before committing yourself to a purchase.
Choosing the right pillow according to your sleeping style
Try a pillow with a firmer feel for your neck support.
- Side sleepers can try a softer pillow. This way, a side sleeper will have better support for your head and neck from the pillow, as well as a firmer surface to rest on.
- Back sleepers should try a firmer pillow. Memory foam pillows are usually very firm, and they can help align your spine and help reduce any lower back pain that you may be experiencing.
- Stomach sleepers should try a softer pillow that will mold to your body while you sleep. This will help relieve some of the pressure you may have on the muscles in your back that could be causing pain.
Is memory foam suitable for everyone?
Memory foam pillows are a great choice for many people. However, if you have any allergies or sensitivities to any of the materials in your pillow, then you will want to consider whether or not a memory foam pillow is a safe choice for you.
You can buy hypoallergenic memory foam pillows that will not cause an allergic reaction, and these types of pillows are also very supportive and comfortable.
Memory foam pillows are excellent options for many types of people. They can help relieve pain and discomfort, and they can also help promote a better night’s sleep.
Memory foam pillows will last you a long time, and they will provide you with great support and comfort throughout the night.